Message to Family & Friends

Posted by The Ellis' On 9.08.2009 2 comments
As you know, Philip and I just returned from Haiti on Friday. What you may not know is that we were able to visit Jean, who is our child that we sponsor through Compassion.

The band that Philip is now a part of speaks on behalf of Compassion and does tours strictly around Compassion. They have one coming up in October!

Anyways... There are four packets left from our trip of kids that need sponsors. These packets are only good until the 18th, so let me know if you are interested and we can get the packet sent to you ASAP. All of these kids are at the same place that Jean is, so if you ever decide to take a visit to Port au Prince, Haiti.... you can visit your sponsored child, which I can say is truly a life changing thing.

I'm not sure if you already sponsor a child, or if you've ever even thought about it. We just wanted to throw the idea out there and give you the same opportunity.

For more information on Compassion you can visit their website: www.compassion.com

Meeting Jean and his mother was amazing! We give so little of what we have, yet it is changing their lives and giving them hope. Being able to meet Jean and tell him that we love him and are praying for him and that he is special was the best experience that I personally had while in Haiti. We can't wait to send them more goodies, write back and forth, and just continue to keep encouraging them. I'm not sure why God has chosen to bless Philip and I the way that he has, but we are so happy to able to share that with Jean and his mother.

2 comments to Message to Family & Friends

  1. says:

    Kim I just happened upon your blog....what a blessing to meet your child. My husband and I started sponsoring our child thru Compassion when he was 5...we were not even married. We just celebrated our 7 year anniversary and Dorcelus will be 13 this year. I would love to some day meet him. Thanks for sharing, it has inspired me to make that happen.

  1. says:

    The Dodds I'm so excited you were able to meet Jean! Our Compassion child... Wilkens... lives in Haiti as well... and we would just LOVE to meet him someday! What an amazing blessing!!

Post a Comment