Getting ready to go to Haiti!

Posted by The Ellis' On 8.27.2009 1 comments
I'm very excited about what God is doing in our life. We've seen God do really huge things in our life that have brought Kim and I to a place where we must rely on Him for our strength and joy in life. We know that apart from Christ we can't do anything, but when we give up our life completely to Christ and stop living like we have it all figured out - that is when God has done the most in us and through us!

I think our life has been flipped upside down in the past 8 months since we've lived in Austin... in a good way, but a way that has put me and Kim on the "potter's wheel" so to speak... No more going through the motions. No more hiding. Gonna give it a real go at being the the church that the bible talks about.

I started going to a dude's bible study and we are going reading Devotional Classics. I've only read the first 2 readings in it...but it's awesome. I'll have to share some excerpts from the book soon.

Kim and I will be leaving for Haiti on Monday. We had our last meeting at the Ivey's house last night. We had dinner, prayed over the trip, packed 16 huge bags with 50lbs each of supplies for the missionaries in Haiti. At around 6:25 AM we will be leaving on a plane from Austin to Miami, then on to Port-Au-Prince Haiti. We ask that you pray for us and the team while we are there. I know that we won't change Haiti in 5 days, but it's been said that Haiti will change us forever. We can already sense that change taking place. Pray for safety, for us to not get sick, for us to have lots of energy, and to be able to see and love the people of Haiti the way Christ sees and loves each and every one of us!!!
-Philip

1 comments to Getting ready to go to Haiti!

  1. says:

    emily SO excited for you guys!!! I'm praying!

Post a Comment